Saturday, December 6, 2008

Getting old...


"With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come." -Shakespeare
In a world where the opposite is true, this quote inspires me. I vow to welcome each new wrinkle and gray hair with mirth and laughter. I decided a couple of years ago to give up on trying to dye my hair. Cheap dye makes it brassy red and honestly, if I had $100+ and 2 hours by myself, there is no way I am spending it in a salon with stinky stuff gooped on my head only to need it all done again in a couple of months. No thank you. So, with mirth and laughter I say, "BRING IT ON!"

5 comments:

Mia said...

Good for you! I swore off dying my hair when I got a horrible job done just after Zoey was born. But, with each new gray I find I cringe a little more. Keep strong!

Leslie Behunin said...

What are you talking about, you look fantastic!

Tanya said...

Funny you should mention this. I noticed my eyelids are starting to sag like my moms. I think all these things make us look distinguished! Yah thats what we are distinguished!

Kristin said...

Great quote, Jen. I might just have to put that on my fridge because I am starting to feel the old lately.

I love the family picture with the pumpkins. What a cute, cute family.

I changed my blog address. It is kristinandcrew.blogspot.com now. Not that I have posted much lately.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

AMEN. Plus my husband thinks the silver is sexy. Whatever turns him on!